Monday, August 30, 2010

8/30/2010 Cheers

      I am sipping a hot cup of organic herbal tea at the stroke of midnight quickly reflecting on my summer. This summer has been great. Starting with my annual trip up to Rachaels' cabin up in northern Minnesota, where we play poker, watch movies, roast marshmallows, and tan on the dock because the water is to cold. This trip is something I look forward to every year. But each year is not for sure until she makes her choice on who to ask up. Its been me sense 5th grade, but every year I still wonder who she is going to pick. Though every time I'm up at the cabin I treat it like its my last.
     After the cabin we didn't lay low for long because less than a week later was the Joan Jett concert. That has to have been the best night of my life. I was high off the music while the girl in front of me was high off of LSD or something. Its okay though, I was feeling the love also. Joan Jett really connected with the crowd. I could have sworn we looked straight into each others eyes.
    For a week it was just me, and maybe a few get-togethers here and there. Then I was off to my MawMaws' house for a few days. One of the days I spent with my two younger cousins Delany and Isabel. Delany is 12 and Isabel is 8.... I think. That day we spent the day up at lake Michigan. The weather was so hot but the lake was really cold, this created a fog that rolled over the beach for most of our stay. It was beautiful. I even played in the water.
    After that, the next week I started drivers ed. This lasted three weeks. The class went from 8 am to 10. It was boring and surprisingly difficult in some areas. I passed. For the second week of drivers ed I also had band camp. This means my day went from 8 am to 4 pm. Longer than a school day. Band camp was uneventful this year because we can no longer do a field show and alot of the fun seniors graduated. I guess its my turn to be fun. The third week of drivers ed was finishing up and I had my first Sax Lesson and started getting alot more hours for work.
    In the first two weeks of August I was over in New Jersey and New York. The first week I was hitting the streets of NYC with my Aunt Alison and the second week I was doing all sorts of what-nots with my cousins Kimberly (19) and Liza ( Just a few weeks older than me, 16). We picked up and organized trash up at McGleens race track and I tagged along while they worked the sailboat races. I also visited my other Grandparent; Grammy and Grandy in Corning, NY. The one thing I really wish I would have done when I was up there was to spend more time with them. I find them very interesting to listen to and they have so many stories and facts packed away in their brains that I think its good for them to let it out. I also look up to them alot because they have done so many great things in their life time that it makes everyone else, even the president look under achieved. I am not stretching the truth either, they are so amazing. Grandy designed the very tea pot I used to heat up my tea tonight. He has biked many miles, I would love to go on a bike ride with him. Any ways I could right a book about them. Going on....On my way home I drove for about 500 miles going on average 85 mph dominating the left lane. It was great.
   The last few weeks have gone by so fast. I mainly just caught up with all my friends, worked, and road my bike. Other than the day of Ke$ha the whole summer I had not been truly sad. I had an end of the summer party which I hope that people had fun at. At the party there was plenty of food, badminton, music, and games. But it was a little weird because I had invited two different groups of people and I just couldn't get them to mesh. It was the strangest thing. So I insisted on us all playing Apples to Apples. That was a good ice breaker, but once the game ended people still didn't really mesh. Thats ok I guess. I like them all, but will never leave my main group. Tomorrow ( or should I say today) Is my last day of summer. I am free until 3:30pm then I am off to work. So cheers to a great year, a great summer, and hopefully another great year ahead.  


 Cheers! *sips last of my tea*

No comments:

Post a Comment