Monday, August 23, 2010

8/23/10 The Year of the Music

    This year as been the best year of my 16 year old life. I've never been happier. Reasoning is not for certain. It helps that I have learned a new way of thinking or the key to happiness. I think. Whatever it is I hope it sticks around for awhile. Other than my new found happiness something new has happened. The gift of music.
    I've always liked music, but up until this year it was just something to listen to. I've been playing Tenor Saxophone for 5 years ( I played Bassoon for my first year) in the school band. Last year I finally got hooked onto playing it, maybe its because I'm actually getting good. I did a solo and ensemble; scored well, also I made it into Symphonic Band. This is a more difficult band which I am now proud to be a member of.
   This year I also bought myself an iPod Touch. Unlike my old iPod this can hold much much much more music. Now I am not afraid to put something weird or different on to it. I have the most verity on my iPod than all my friends. All music is enjoyable once you get to know it. Though I am not fond of some country and a lot of heavy metal. For some reason it gives me headaches.
   This year I also found my new favorite thing. Concerts. My first memorable concert was in 7th grade, I believe. I saw Paolo Nutini at the Baramore in Madison. The sound was O.K but it was small, kinda low key, but memorable as being my first TURE concert. Fours year later (this year, 10th grade) I was asked to see Cloud Cult with my good friend Becca. This was her favorite band, it was an honer to go with her. This band had an Indie Rock sound to them with a very artistic show... literally artistic. In the show wile the band was playing their music two painters will apply paint to a canvas in the background, they painted with the music. In the beginning of the show you have no idea what they are painting and by the end the painting comes together beautifully. Apparently they auction them off at the end of the show. I thought it was pretty great.
    A Sundance film came out this year that changed my view on music. The movie was called The Runaways. Before this movie I had never heard of The Runaways. But I did recognize a few of the songs played in the movie. It turns out Joan Jett (or as I knew her as, the writer of Bad Reputation and I Love Rock n' Roll) started the band The Runaways in 1975. The significant thing about this band is that it was the first ALL girl rock band. Once I saw this movie I fell in love. From then on it was Joan Jett this Joan Jett that. Then, an also Joan Jett lover and lover of the movie aka my best friend Rachael found out that Joan Jett and the Blackhearts were playing at summer feast we HAD to go. It was the best night of our lives. For both her, and now that I think of it for me too. We were as close as you can get to the stage. Right up against the fence. Joan Jett connected with her audience like no other. I can swear to.... my cats life.. that her and I made eye contact. I hope she saw the t-shirts we made for the concert ( all my idea), they looked awesome. A month later my pre-order of the movie came in the mail. I watched it 10 times in two weeks. No joke. And I still love it.
    This was not my last concerts for sure. I have two concerts coming up. One thats happening on the 26th is a Ke$ha concert. I gave these tickets for a graduation gift for a friend. Work is getting in the way of our big plan, but at least we'll make it to the majority of the concert. Hopefully we wouldn't miss too much.
    Then here comes the biggie. The concert that I bought tickets for, six months ahead of time. Tickets I spent $175.00 on. I am seeing the most famous, the biggest, the wildest, the one that everyone talks about, the one that I am in complete head over heals in love with, more than Joan Jett, more than my own boyfriend. The great Lady Gaga!!!! September 2nd at the Milwaukee Bradley Center at 8:00 pm I am seeing my biggest idol. For those of you out there that are laughing I would shut up if I were you. You have no idea how much of a musical artistic genius Lady Gaga is. Trust me I've done enough research to be considered a stalker. I have never been so excited for an event in my life. I scream at random occasions just thinking about it. This I am also seeing with Rachael.
     But I have nightmares of missing the concert, of something going wrong, I am so afraid that the car will breakdown, that the seats have a bad view, that we get lost, traffic jam, sickness. There are just so many things that scare me. I picture bad things to happen so the good will actually happen. But now that I found out the secret what if it doesn't work, so i know I'm picturing the bad so something good happens so now the bad will happen. I am stuck in an unknowing triangle. A triangle of fear and disappointment. If I miss this concert it will be the definite ending of the happiest year of my life.
Rachael and I decked out in our rocker outfits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment