Monday, September 27, 2010

9/27/10 The Idea

    From the day we are born an idea is placed into our heads. A very simple, but possibly deadly idea. This idea is almost unavoidable from the day we are born and look into our parents eyes; the second they look back at you they silently place the idea into your head. This idea is again spoken to us when we are sleeping in your crib, when you make you first steps again the idea is given to you with a bow. When you start to speak you talk about this idea. When you begin to write, your teacher tells you to write about this idea. The idea is in almost in every movie you see and almost every book you read. Surprisingly this idea is still told to you when you are a freshman in high school.  Until one day you are woken up and find out that this idea has been a forever told lie.
    What is the idea? Well the idea comes in many forms. It comes as dreams coming true, disguised as prince charming, walking around as a future, questioned as "what do you want to be when you grow up?"Simplified as happiness. Now that you are about one year from being a "grown up" the idea hasn't happened. Nor is it even close to happening. Right now the idea is farther away than its ever been. You may try your hardest to be the best you can, but the idea seams to take two steps back for every step forward step you take. Is the idea a myth? Do I have a better chance on seeing the Lock Ness monster then achieving  the idea. Unless your idea is seeing the Lock Ness monster then you might be one lucky feller.
So what really is your idea?

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me sad. Very, very, very sad.
    And not sad in a casual, "Aw, poor thing." kind of way, but sad in a desperate "Oh my god, why couldn't I have read this THEN, when the event was taking place?? Why couldn't I have been the person she could have gone to?!" kind of way. And the reason being is because I know EXACTLY how it feels to be alone, and just as this blog is titled, it HURTS. It hurts more than any physical injury possibly could. It hurts in a deep-pitted way that tears your insides from the inside out. It's like going back to being a young child and being told that Santa Clause isn't real, and feeling your whole life slip away as a harsh and cruel lie. The comfort that you believed in and trusted with all of your existence has faded.

    I cannot even bare to know that other people EVER feel alone, and like they don't have anyone to go to. I simply cannot bare the sadness that my never-ending sympathy gives me. It makes me incredibly depressed to know that anyone else is hurting in such a way. And if I could, I would be there to support anyone in a situation like this.

    I apologize for unleashing the psycho that I am by pouring my heart out via a comment, but I feel immensely strongly about this topic, and the whole general topic of being alone, and I feel it is important to share thoughts and beliefs with each other regardless of the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And now I feel incredibly idiotic due to the fact that I posted this comment on the wrong post. This comment was intended for the entry, "Hurt". Now is the time where we both laugh at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emi. I highly appreciate your comment. Your comment could be a blog on its how. It makes me feel warm inside to know that you care, and that you care enough to take the time to right out a comment like that. Thank you so much... and now I laugh... Hahahahah... :D It happens to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete