Thursday, January 2, 2014

01/02/2014 This is going to be a Year.

Well... I should be asleep right now, but I just don't want to. At 7:15pm tomorrow I will be, once again, boarding a plane, and again I will eventually land in the confusing Frankfurt Airport in Germany. This time, I wont be re-boarding the plane for about 12 months- 9 of them in Germany and 3 of them in Poland. This is all happening because of one of my crazy ideas I had...I come up with lots of ideas, mainly because they are fun to think about and usually don't end up materializing. This time, one of my crazy ideas escaped and became a reality. It still hasn't fully hit me, that right now, laying in my own bed tonight, is going to be the last time I will be in the comfort of my home and of my country for a solid year. This is scary, and exciting. I can only imagine what it was like for the immigrants who got on a boat for months to come to the United States. What I am doing is not even close to that, which is a little comforting. Though it is similar because I will be walking new lands, and this time more independent than ever. For this year of 2014, I can't turn back and go home, the only way to go is forward. Who knows what lays ahead.  

One year packed into two bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment