Thursday, December 2, 2010

12/2/10 Band Concert

      Tonight was our high school annual holiday band concert. The music we got for it wasn't to hard expect for Sleigh Bells, a fun yet difficult song. As you heard in resent blog postings I am now in Symphonic Band, the top dogs.... kinda.. I practice and average of 3-4 times a week outside of band class for about 40 minutes. I practice hard getting my parts down and my fingers to move faster.
     The concert starts, I was doing okay.. for the most part, with an exception of a few wrong notes. Then after the first obvious mistake I went down hill. Its like I froze and forgot everything I knew. We preformed our Jazz Band pieces after and I continued to make more mistakes. Until the last of the jazz songs. The hardest of them all, the one I spent the most working on. I ended up being a beat behind then playing a bunch of wrong notes!!! AH! (the guy next to me noticed). If it wasn't bad enough we had a grand finale with the Madison Brass Band, we were to play Most Wonderful Time of the Year. I was doing great, hit mostly everything. We all ended and somehow I managed to make a unintentional stinger.... how? I don't know, but it happened and EVERYONE heard! No joke. I heard people talking about it..... By this point I wanted to hide away for ever..
    Though I was down, and posted a Facebook status of my miss fortune. Luckily a very kind person (no name mentioned just in case) Gave me a few words to help me out of my rut. This is what was written;
"The incident is in the past now, so now it's time to smile widely to yourself, clear your head, and plan for the ever-so-amazing future that lies ahead" 
SMILE!
  This is an ever so cheesy statement that helped a lot. So part of clearing my head is to write about it then to do some deep breathing when listening to some meditation music and find the positive. The positive I can say out of that 'stinger' is that at least it was the right note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment